Saturday, February 21, 2009

Awards: What Made You Think of Me?

First, let me begin by apologizing to my nominators for taking so long to post these awards. My excuse? Pure laziness and the fact that I wanted to be sure of who I passed these on to were worthy.




Let me begin with my first award. It is the Passionate Blogger award presented to me by Kathleen from Katydid and Kid. She is an amazing person. You need to read her blog. Once you are her friend, she is passionate about making you a part of her life. Did I mention that my new banner and button were made by her? Why, do you ask? Because that is just who she is – she did it because she wanted to. I love it too, she captured who I am and I will be forever grateful.

The rules of this award:


  • Put the award logo on your blog.
  • List 5 things you are passionate about – other than blogging.
  • Tag 5 people on your list and let them know you tagged them (pass on this award).

Here are my 5 passions:

  1. My family and Pups
  2. Cooking
  3. Learning
  4. UFC (now you know something very different about me – I love MMA)
  5. Making people step out of their box – encouraging/motivating others

Now, who do I think deserves this award…it was pretty easy:

  1. Georgie from Decisionally Challenged – I love her blog and she is passionate about leaving me comment luv.
  2. Priya from Random Thoughts – She is just so incredibly sweet and her blog is awesome.
  3. Virginia from Frugalicious Mom – Sweet. She has a huge heart and she shares it on her blog.
  4. Pierette from The Wiseman Conspiracy – I love that she blogs her heart out, but not because she wants a billion followers – but because she loves it.
  5. Erin from Mrs. Cox's Slice o' Heaven – Erin is another one of those bloggers who is a friend forever. She is also a repeated commenter on my blog. Thanks Erin.

As mentioned above, Virginia from Frugalicious Mom is has a huge heart and she is awarded me The Love Ya award. The qualifications for this award are as follows:

These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.

I wanted to make sure I passed these awards on to people who truly deserved them, therefore I named only 6 people as of yet…

  1. Kathleen from Katydid and Kid – She is someone who I truly believe would be my BFF if she lived nearer.
  2. Jamie from Totally The Bomb – I adore her personality. She is simply charming.
  3. Veronica from OF MICE AND raMEN – I can always count on Veronica to leave me a comment about something and her blog rocks.
  4. Lady T from A Lady & Two Men – She is very genuine and I adore her family via her blog.
  5. Dette from MammaDawg – Down to earth. She is not afraid to be who she is and I love it. She actually is having a contest right now and volunteered to donate a $20 GC for my post on depression. Selfless…
  6. Debbie from I am NOT Superwoman – Debbie just started blogging, but her posts reflect a genuinely charming person. Life outside of blogging – she is my BFF. Give her a try.

I hope you all have the time to check out these blogs and incredible women. Thank you all for nominating me for awards…it makes me feel so good that someone is reading and enjoying!


Love,


Lisa

12 comments:

♥georgie♥ said...

Congrats on your awards!!! Thank You so much for thinking of me...I am going to visit some of the other bloggers you listed

Kathleen said...

Lisa, you're so nice! Thank you for your kind words about me, and I'm so glad that you like your banner and button. I'm going to post about this later tonight, when I have some more time.

Brandi said...

Congrats on your awards! You deserve them.

Veronica Lee said...

Hi Lisa. Congrats, you totally deserve them. Thanks for the award. You are the greatest. Jo has earlier given me the same award and I shall place your name alongside with hers on my right sidebar.

delaney55 said...

Congratulations on your lovely awards! It is always special when someone thinks of you and shows their appreciation for what you do.

Lady T said...

Thank you!! Congrats on your awards! I would have to agree with the Bloggers who handed them out and you are very deserving!

I have never won an award via my blog and it couldn't come from a nicer blogging friend! Thank you for your kind & touching words! So glad we are becoming friends via blogging, and thanks again! You're so sweet!

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Aren't you just a peach! Congrats on your awards :) Thank you so much, very kind of you to pass such a great award on.

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

P.S. I love UFC fights too Lisa! How funny is that!! We get together with my sister's family each month and go in on the PPV fights :)

Betty said...

Congrats you deserve them.

Priya said...

Hey Lisa,


I cannot thank you enough for the wonderful words you said about me and my blog. This is my first Blog Award and I feel really glad and lighted up. The past few days have been terrible for me due to a personal problem and it will continue on till the next week until it gets resolved. To receive this award at this time is really a pleasure and makes me glad that I have some friends like you who really think good of me. Please do pray for me that my problem is resolved.
Thank you once again for the lovely words. Please let me know how do I get the logo script for the award.
Love ya!

CVSer in training said...

Thank you so much for this. I know I'm late. I will be thinking of my people so I can post this within the next couple of days. Thank you...thank you! Oh and I love UFC too!!!!!!!!

MammaDawg said...

Cool! Congrats on the awards girl - and thanks for sharing, too!!! =)