Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Family: Do you only get 1 good child?





I remember when I was pregnant with my second child – everyone told me he would be a challenge because my first son was so easy. ET (not his name; but what my dad called him) was 10 years old at the time and he was the perfect child (and still is). So, the curse began…

When Bubba (also not his real name; but my mom calls him that) was born I was comforted by his mellow and sweet disposition. At 1 month he was pretty much sleeping through the night. I was blessed with 2 easy children.

And then I woke up!

Bubba quickly became a "spirited child" – so very different from his brother. He was full of life, wasn't entertained by Disney movies, music, or anything for that matter. He woke up EARLY every morning full of life and ready to go! He remained that way all day – with no breaks for mommy.

And so the story went…

As adorable as Bubba is, he is strong-willed, adventurous, and a lot of the time a terror! He keeps his Pre-K teachers on their toes and in tears. Do you know any 4 year old that has been kicked out of 3 daycares? Well, meet my little one!


 

So, back to the original question – do you only get 1 good child?

Having a little on at 42 years of age has proven to be a bit challenging, but I still love him. It isn't that you only get one "good" child; you just get two (or more) different ones! I love Bubba's inquisitive, quirky nature. I love his crazy, wild spirit. I love that he hasn't gotten kicked out of Pre-K!

Thank you Bubba, for making Momma proud!

(PS – Isn't he a cutie?)

 

9 comments:

Leanne said...

He's adorable. I have three good kids who seem to take turns being bad. One seems to take more turns than the other two though and yep, he's my boy. Sigh.

MammaDawg said...

He is a CUTIE!!

Girl - when you said "spirited" - you had me. My eldest is the most calm, reasonable and mellow person I know.

My middle one... is the complete opposite - LOL. So passionate, intense, and extremely spirited.

But he's also the one who shows the most affection and leaves me love letters in my office and on my pillow.

The third one? lol - we'll see!

Anonymous said...

He is adorable and reminds me of my daughters...the good one and the bad one...
Rambling Realtor

Fiona said...

He is a cutie! I have three very different children and they all keep me on my toes in their own way!

Gabrielle said...

Yes, one is the limit! :) I had to wait until my third for my "good" child,(so had another to press my luck) but they are all so fun, my mom says I deserve each any every day of my kids, haha. I was an only child and she said I make them all look like angels in comparison. Thanks MOM!

Veronica Lee said...

My 2 boys take turns being bad.

lil said...

he is as cute as hell, ;o))))
and I think you love him like he is

Kathleen said...

I think I have a "Bubba"! He sounds just like my son, up early, extremely active, not mellow! It makes my husband reconsider having a second child, since he's afraid we'll get another spirited one! But I have to admit, it is fun to be around him. You never know what will happen, even at 10 months old.

Priya said...

I am yet to discover my "Bubba"..but I am sure with the kind of father he will have, he will surpass all extremes...God bless me! :D