Tuesday, March 31, 2009
I'm lucky enough to have just reviewed 2 different allergy type products from BzzAgent.
What does that mean for you? Well, I have a bunch of coupons for Afrin PureSea, a hydrating nasal rinse made from 100% purified sea water and nothing else. It cleanses your nasal and sinus passages from particulates, pollutants, allergens and other stuff (tar build up for smokers), so you can breathe freely. I have a bunch of coupons for $3.00 off if you want to try it. I've been using it here and I have found it very helpful. My niece, on the other hand, didn't care for it because she had a hard time to getting it to clear her sinuses (turns out she had a severe nasal infection).I also tried Claritin for Children. I didn't even know they made allergy medicine for children as young as 2 (recommended for children age 2 - 6). The sample I received were grape flavored chewable tablet that James thought were candy. They are non-drowsy, 24-hour relief tablets that provide all-day relief for runny noses, itchy, watery eyes, and other allergy symptoms. Additionally, they are the #1 pediatrician recommended non-drowsy brand on the market. I also have a bunch of $3.00 off coupons for these, if you are interested.If you are interested in coupons for either of these products just leave me a comment and they are yours while supplies last. Make sure to let me know what one (or both) you are interested in. If you have tried the product, share your Bzz!
Monday, March 30, 2009
I have so incredible reviews and giveaways coming up that you are gonna love and I'm so excited to share them with you.
Don't leave me, just let me get some sleep.
Saturday, March 28, 2009
(NOTE: To sign in as a blogger use OpenID and enter your blog url - it is that easy! Once you upload an avatar the first time you never have to do it again, anywhere.)
My blog post will be done today - but I wanted to check out what you thought about this new feature.
Hugs and Kisses,
Thursday, March 26, 2009
I recently had the opportunity to sample Haagen-Dazs' new line of ice cream called "Five". Why five? Because there are only 5 ingredients! For anyone who believes in "clean" living, you can't get much cleaner than this. The four staple ingredients are: skim milk, cream, eggs, and sugar. The fifth ingredient is whatever flavor you chose: milk chocolate, mint, ginger, vanilla, passion fruit, coffee, or brown sugar. After having sampled these flavors I do not think I will ever be able to eat any other ice cream again!
This weekend we had a tasting party at my house. We invited over a bunch of friends and sampled milk chocolate, mint, brown sugar, coffee, and ginger. We even made a fancy desert.
Pepperidge Farms Puff Pastry
Haagen-Dazs Five Brown Sugar Ice Cream
Needless to say, it was a huge hit!
What were our favorites:
Brown Sugar (3 votes)
Milk Chocolate (2 votes)
Mint (2 votes)
Coffee (2 votes)
Ginger (1 vote)
The mint was a great choice for finishing because it left a cool, fresh minty feel in your mouth. The ginger was surprisingly yummy with small hints of crystallized ginger pieces - it would be great served with ginger snap cookies. The coffee was very good and almost had an espresso flavor. The brown sugar was almost indescribable. It was fun mixing different flavors for different tastes. The only con for me with the Five line is that you cannot eat too much because they are very rich. Wait, is that a con?
Did I mention they have less fat than regular ice cream?
Here are a couple recipes for you to try...
Häagen-Dazs Five™ Ginger Ice Cream with Cardamom-Honey Roasted Peaches
Makes 4 servings
2 large or 4 small peaches
1/3 cup orange juice
3 tablespoons mild honey
6 cardamom pods crushed, husks discarded, or 1/4 tsp.ground cardamom
1-1/2 tablespoons butter
Häagen-Dazs Five Ginger Ice Cream
2 tablespoons toasted pistachio pieces
Preheat oven to 450ºF. Peel peaches if desired. Slice in half and remove pits. Placepeaches cut side up in a non-metallic oven-proof 8x8 or 9-inchround baking dish.
Stir together orange juice, honey, cardamom and butter in a microwave-safe dish. Heat 30-60 secondsuntil warm; stir until butter is melted. Pour over peaches.Bake 20-30 minutes until peaches are tender and syrup is bubbly, spooning syrup over peaches once ortwice during baking. Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes.
Slice peaches into wedges and place in dessert bowls. Top with a scoop of Ginger Ice Cream. Drizzle with warm syrup from baking dish and sprinkle pistachios.
Häagen-Dazs Five™ Passion Fruit Ice Cream with Tropical Fruit Confetti
Makes 4 servings
1 medium mango
1 small papaya
2 tablespoons toasted coconut
Häagen-Dazs Five Passion Fruit Ice Cream
Peel and cut mango, papaya and kiwis into 1/4-inch dice;combine in a bowl. Serve fruit over scoops of Passion Fruit IceCream. Sprinkle servings with coconut.
You have to go out and try this ice cream. To find your nearest retailer click here. Tell me what flavor sounds most interesting to you...
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Monday, March 23, 2009
Saturday, March 21, 2009
I hate when I enter a giveaway and have to wait days to find out if I won. Don't you? For instance, I entered a giveaway on another blog that ended on the 13th and still there is no news about who won. I understand that things happen some times, but she has been making daily posts and still has not made mention of the giveaway winner. Anyway, that is one of my pet peeves.
This is the list of the Clorox Disinfecting Wipes winners. The 50th post was done by CVSer In Training and she won the tote with the free wipes.
Here are the other 9 winners:
5. toohotfortheturle (1 per winner)
6. Tumbleweed Trails
9. Someone Being Me
Now, on to the next giveaway....
The winners of the 3 Fiber Friend Face-Off Challenge are:
Any unclaimed prizes will either be awarded to the next winner on each of the lists or be given away in a live giveaway.
I hope you all have a gorgeous Sunday! Congratulations....
I'm ready to go. I'm ready to sit on a beach in the sun while my boys frollick in the water. I'm ready to sip a Pina Coloda with my hubby while watching the sunset over the ocean. I want to stay here at the Island Vista Resort. It is right on the ocean and has great amentities. It looks amazing and I can almost see myself laying on Myrtle Beach with the sand between my toes and I can almost hear the waves crashing on the shore. And if it rains? So what! I want to ride the Lazy River in a tube with my kids. It almost looks like a cave somewhere on a secluded island.
Do you want to come with me? Well, MyrtleBeachHotels.com is giving us the chance to win a $1,000 gift certificate valid at one of their one of their oceanfront hotels along the Grand Strand of Myrtle Beach. It is really easy to enter and you don't have to write a blog post if you don't want to. I chose to dream build and spread the word via this post. I also want to encourage my readers to go register as a fan of either Caribbean Beach Resort or The Breakers Resort on facebook. Please, if you do this for me let me know because it counts as an entry for you and me! I just need to know that you did it.
On March 24th you can increase your chances of winning by attending the Twitter #beachbash! For more information please go here.
In closing, I'm really ready to go, but if I win the gift certificate I'll be sure to twitter my experience and make a blog post with lots of pictures!
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Last year I had gorgeous roses...
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Here are more pictures of James enjoying his new cereal:
My sister in-law and niece both thought it was yummy and brought some home for their breakfast tomorrow.
Final vote: 4 yeah, 1 nah
Here is some additional information about General Mills Cereals that you may find useful:
- Are you aware of the recommended amount of calcium and vitamin D your child should get each day? Better yet, did you know the American Academy of Pediatrics recently doubled the vitamin D recommendation for children? Approximately 75% of kids today don’t get the recommended levels of calcium and vitamin D -- two key nutrients for bone growth.
- Not to worry though — as a parent, you can easily help your child get more of these two nutrients by looking for calcium and vitamin D fortified cereals, milk and juice. All General Mills Big G kid cereals (including Kix, Lucky Charms, Trix, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and more) offer a good source of BOTH calcium and vitamin D in each serving.
- Additionally, a recent report in a leading consumer magazine ranked kid cereals by nutritional content, and all nine General Mills Big G kid cereals included in the report were ranked in the top half. All Big G kid cereals have at least eight grams of whole grain per serving (at least 48 grams are recommended daily), and all have 12 grams or less of sugar per serving.
- Cereal is one of the most nutritious breakfast options a kid can eat. Most cereals have about 100 – 130 calories per serving and provide at least 10 key nutrients. And, ready-to-eat cereal is the number one source of whole grain in American diets.
Monday, March 16, 2009
Rules of the Award:
•Admit one thing you feel awful about involving being a mom. Get it off your shoulders. Once you've written it down, you are No Longer allowed to feel bad. It's over with, it's in the past. Remember, you're a good mom!
One thing? I can think of a million things - but to keep this short and sweet I'll just tell you that my oldest son was raised on Gatorade and Cheetos. I don't think his pooh turned brown until he was a teenager. Did you know that Gatorade and Cheetos can make pooh purple, red, orange, and the coolest green color you have ever seen?
•Remind yourself you are a good mom, list seven things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you. These are the things to remind yourself everyday that you Rock!
1. I love to hug and kiss on my boys, they are great snugglebugs.
2. I love that my oldest son could give a $hit what others think about him.
3. I love that my youngest son is so dang cute. It is really hard to stay mad at him.
4. My kids love that I am a "cool mom" and easy to talk to.
5. My kids love that I always take time to tell them how much I love them.
6. I love doing anything with my boys that involves laughing.
7. I love that my children understand we aren't rich and appreciate all that they have.
•Send this to five other Mom's of the year that deserve credit for being great moms and remind them that they are the best moms they can be!! Remember to send them a note to let them know you've selected them, and add a link to the person who nominated you.
These are the five great mom's I am forwarding this Award to:
1. Toni from the Grocery Price Blog (a fun girl with very informative blog)
2. Nicole from There Once Was A Girl (a hardworking mom with a beautiful daughter)
3. Melissa from Full Circle (a woman's journey on becoming a mom through adoption)
4. Bethany from Confessions of a Mom of Four (through pain/suffering a honest/open woman)
5. Obnoxious SAHM from The Obnoxisous SAHM (fun and quirky blog worth visiting often)
Saturday, March 14, 2009
As you can see from the photo above I accidentally designed myself to look like a man -oops! At least I'm a skinny man...but anyway, each day I sign on to the Fiber Friend Face-off and challenge other opponents to learn about daily fiber requirements (25 grams recommended daily) and other health benefits of fiber. It takes only a couple of minutes a day, but I get entries into some great prizes such as:
Weekly Prizes: Flip Video™ camcorders
Daily Prizes: $50 Cash Cards
(No Purchase Necessary. A purchase of any kind will not increase your chances of winning. Many will enter and play,few will win. Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C. who are at least 21 years of age.Ends 04/11/09. Void where prohibited. See Official Rules for details.)
Each week I get a new coupon for a Fiber One product as an added bonus. The first week I received a $1.00 off Fiber One Cereal.
Here is an example of one of the questions from the daily quiz:
A. Help satisfy your hunger
B. Help your food digest more slowly
C. Help you manage your weight
D. All of the above
Answer D - There are so many reasons to love fiber!
Need extra entries?
- Follow my blog (2 entries)
- Tweet this on twitter: Take the Fiber Friend Face-Off Challenge -Fitness Giveaway http://bit.ly/Hhtx0 (1 entry per tweet)
- Post this giveaway on another site or your blog (2 entries)
- Tell me your favorite Fiber One product or at least one you would like to try (1 entry)
Giveaway ends 3/21 at 11:59 pm EST. Please include a way for me to contact you. Winners will have 48 hours to submit their contact information. Open to US residents only.