Monday, March 16, 2009

Mom of the Year and Green Poop

Funny that It's Me Betty would give me the Mom of the Year award. She obviously has never talked with my children... If you do not know Betty, you should. She is a loyal friend both virtually and in real life. You are missing out if you aren't following her blog and tweets!

Rules of the Award:
Admit one thing you feel awful about involving being a mom. Get it off your shoulders. Once you've written it down, you are No Longer allowed to feel bad. It's over with, it's in the past. Remember, you're a good mom!

One thing? I can think of a million things - but to keep this short and sweet I'll just tell you that my oldest son was raised on Gatorade and Cheetos. I don't think his pooh turned brown until he was a teenager. Did you know that Gatorade and Cheetos can make pooh purple, red, orange, and the coolest green color you have ever seen?

Remind yourself you are a good mom, list seven things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you. These are the things to remind yourself everyday that you Rock!

1. I love to hug and kiss on my boys, they are great snugglebugs.
2. I love that my oldest son could give a $hit what others think about him.
3. I love that my youngest son is so dang cute. It is really hard to stay mad at him.
4. My kids love that I am a "cool mom" and easy to talk to.
5. My kids love that I always take time to tell them how much I love them.
6. I love doing anything with my boys that involves laughing.
7. I love that my children understand we aren't rich and appreciate all that they have.

Send this to five other Mom's of the year that deserve credit for being great moms and remind them that they are the best moms they can be!! Remember to send them a note to let them know you've selected them, and add a link to the person who nominated you.


These are the five great mom's I am forwarding this Award to:
1. Toni from the Grocery Price Blog (a fun girl with very informative blog)
2. Nicole from There Once Was A Girl (a hardworking mom with a beautiful daughter)
3. Melissa from Full Circle (a woman's journey on becoming a mom through adoption)
4. Bethany from Confessions of a Mom of Four (through pain/suffering a honest/open woman)
5. Obnoxious SAHM from The Obnoxisous SAHM (fun and quirky blog worth visiting often)

9 comments:

...The Obnoxious SAHM.... said...

AWE! A BIG SNIFF SNIFF!! Thank you for this very undeserving award. :)

Bethany said...

Oh my goodness are you sure I am worth this. Thank you for the honor I really do appreciate it.

delaney55 said...

Isn't it amazing what our kids survive when we are new moms? Kids are tougher than we think so Cheetos and Gatorade wasn't so awful.

Kristy said...

This is so great! I just found your blog, but I think you ARE a great mom!

Fiona said...

congrats! Of course you are a great mommy!

Jen said...

Congratulations!! Sounds like your an awesome MOm

bookieboo said...

I've never seen this award! Congrats on getting it!

Bethany said...

Hey Lisa go onto my blog utahgrafffamily.blogspot.com I have another award for you!!!

Betty said...

Awww See I told you, your a great mom!