Saturday, March 21, 2009

I Need A Vacation - Let's Go To Myrtle Beach

As sad as it may sound, I'm 42 years old and haven't been on a vacation since 1996. I have been married for over 6 years and have never, ever been anywhere with my family. It seems like we talk about it a lot, but never have the money to do it like we want to...so years keep passing us by and we sit in Georgia.

I'm ready to go. I'm ready to sit on a beach in the sun while my boys frollick in the water. I'm ready to sip a Pina Coloda with my hubby while watching the sunset over the ocean. I want to stay here at the Island Vista Resort. It is right on the ocean and has great amentities. It looks amazing and I can almost see myself laying on Myrtle Beach with the sand between my toes and I can almost hear the waves crashing on the shore. And if it rains? So what! I want to ride the Lazy River in a tube with my kids. It almost looks like a cave somewhere on a secluded island.

Do you want to come with me? Well, MyrtleBeachHotels.com is giving us the chance to win a $1,000 gift certificate valid at one of their one of their oceanfront hotels along the Grand Strand of Myrtle Beach. It is really easy to enter and you don't have to write a blog post if you don't want to. I chose to dream build and spread the word via this post. I also want to encourage my readers to go register as a fan of either Caribbean Beach Resort or The Breakers Resort on facebook. Please, if you do this for me let me know because it counts as an entry for you and me! I just need to know that you did it.

On March 24th you can increase your chances of winning by attending the Twitter #beachbash! For more information please go here.

In closing, I'm really ready to go, but if I win the gift certificate I'll be sure to twitter my experience and make a blog post with lots of pictures!

7 comments:

Kim said...

Hi Lisa! Saw you at the UBP'09 and thought I'd stop by to say hello. So tell me girl, how'd you get so many followers already! You go girl!! Stop by and see my blog if you'd like - I love getting visitors to my blog!!!
Kim

Julie D said...

I became a fan of both.
Last year I tried really hard to win a prize that required people to do something. It was an easy entry, and I begged, but I got little response. I decided after that, I would try and vote every time I was asked. :) I hope you win!

Christie-A Work In Progress said...

Good luck!! I hope you win!

Crystal Mason said...

Well, hi there. I live 20 mins from Myrtle Beach, and honestly, I hope you win. But this time of year can be rather CHEAP! I got a nice room with the indoor water park for the kids for only $50 a nite. And the Island Vista is nice, but not worth the money. BUT I DO HOPE YOU WIN! If you want me to tell you some things you can do or places for cheap, so that you can get that much needed vacation, let me know. Always, Crystal

blp3 said...

I became Facebook fans of both places for you

Ed Hudson said...

No vacation in 6 years? That's just plain not healthy! I live in Myrtle Beach / Conway... and have to say... it's not that costly to vacation here. Even if you don't win.. you should come! Good luck. *And you have THREE BOXERS?? We've had two... one from a Boxer Rescue organization* Again, good luck on the trip prize.

Jessica Price said...

Now THIS is a contest I wish I'd have known about lol!