Thursday, April 23, 2009

Brindie is in labor....

For those of you who follow me on twitter you might remember me tweeting a frantic tweet about catching Rocky mounting Brindie in the backyard - 2 months prior to her next heat cycle. Well, although poor Rocky only has one visible testicle - it is a very powerful one! Brindie is in labor.

Brindie had a litter last year and we were being careful not to breed her again....but Rocky had other plans. She is a great mama (see the pic of her lovin' on one of the pups from her last litter), but we own her because we love her - not because we want a puppy mill. I hate that she has to do this again.
Truth be told, she did great last time. She had 11 babies and we kept 1, Sabris. Here is a pic of their first time going outside...

I'll post pics of her over the next few days and keep you up to date on how many pups. She looks bigger than a house right now. Well, I'm gonna go lay down with her and keep her company.

To follow Brindies labor and delivery on twitter use hashtag #puppies ~~Do you like dogs?

8 comments:

Lisa said...

I love dogs. I hope both of you get some sleep tonight.

banteringblonde said...

I love puppies... so cute!  Good luck with it all!

Kristie said...

Aww!  Too cute, but a lot of work I'm sure!  My MIL's little yorkie/maltese mix is due with her 3rd litter in a week.  She only tends to have around 3 pups-I can't imagine how you handle 11!  Good luck! :)

TMWW said...

OMG Lisa Brindle is adorable and so are the puppies! I so wish I lived near you!  I would definitely adopt one of those little cuties! My boys are jonesing for a dog of their own in the worst way...Give that sweet girl lots of love, she's got a long day in front of her...Hugs to you both!

Mom said...

Just be glad it isn't you

BrendaLea said...

Look at those sweet puppies.  Hope ayou can get some rest now.

georgie said...

How exciting!!! and if i understood the #hastags I would so be keeping up with this...(i follow hastags but I honestly dont understand...I have so much to learn)

Lovetoshopmom said...

AWWW!! baby puppies are so cute!!