Monday, April 27, 2009

Let's Have An Asian Twist "Mama"rita

Twittermoms is having a “Cinco de Mama!” Margarita Twitter Party! We are celebrating with Jose Cuervo and it is going to be a blast! I'm actually going to share a recipe with you for an Asian Twist Margarita that you can make for the party.

3/4 lbs. fresh mangoes (you can even find these in the frozen section at your nearest grocer)
1/4 c. sugar (add more to taste)
1/2 c. water
Dash of salt
4 oz Jose Cuervo Especial
2 oz triple sec
Ice (roughly 3 cups)

Cut mangoes into large chunks, making sure to pit it first. Place in blender with the water, sugar, and a dash of salt. Blend until it is smooth. Taste and add more sugar, if necessary. Add Jose Cuervo, triple sec, and ice. Blend until perfect.

Rub rim of margarita glass with lime and dip into sugar mixed with crushed, dried mint leaves.

Note from Twittermoms: We’ll also be tweeting for a good cause! For the first 2,500 re-tweets from 5p.m.-7p.m. PST under the #cuervo hashtag, Jose Cuervo will donate $1 to RADD (Recording Artists, Actors and Athletes Against Drunk Driving). Jose Cuervo & RADD also remind you to designate before you celebrate.

Disclosure: This post was inspired by Jose Cuervo and Twittermoms. It is part of a contest, but I have received no form of compensation.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

that sounds really good. great for summer

spark said...

Yammm! I love ,love, love mangoes,so I think I just find my next fav.margarita! See you on the Twitter-Party!
Cheers, Gabriella

banteringblonde said...

oooh that sounds yummy - and I love a party!

Maureen said...

Hi, I am stopping by the blogs of people who left a comment on my last giveaway. I am hosting another giveaway. If you have the chance stop by to leave a comment to win.
http://auntrene.blogspot.com 
The recipe is leaving with me.. Thanks! Sounds terrific.