If you know anything about Atlanta you might know that the allergy count here is outrageous. It isn't unusual to find the count to be over 1,000 when 250 is already extreme. For the past month I have been waking up with crusty eyes and horrible headaches from sinus pressure. I'm sure many of you can relate.
Anyway, two weeks ago I put my new mattress pad on our bed to see if I could tell a difference. The instructions on the pad said to wash it first, so I did. Since there is a waterproof barrier on the back side of the pad I didn't want to put it in the dryer for fear it would melt or ruin it. This is the downside, because I had no where to hang it to dry and ended up draping it over our halltree.
So, before I tell you my overall rating of the pad let me give you some information about it from their website.
• Twin XL
• Full XL
• Olympic Queen
• California King
Our Ten Year manufacturer’s Warranty:
10 Year Manufacturer’s warranty against defects in workmanship or materials only. Warranty limited to the Protect-A-Bed® product. When cover is sold and delivered with a mattress from an authorized Protect-A-Bed® dealer, a spillage warranty is also provided.
Protect-A-Bed® Premium Mattress Protectors Are:
Guaranteed to moderate temperature and enhance sleeping comfort
Waterproof yet air vapor porous - acting the same way as human skin
Effective in preventing bacteria and dust mites from breeding in your pillow and mattress (a major cause of asthma, eczema and rhinitis)
Protects mattresses from stains (accidental spills, perspiration, bodily fluids)
Machine washable on hot, tumble dry medium
Especially helpful in cases of incontinence
Ultra thin with four-way stretch does not detract from the comfort of the mattress Can be used on all visco elastic, inner spring and latex mattresses
Expandable skirt ensures mattress protector fits any depth of mattress (8" to 20")
Wash durability rating: > 200 washes
Soft and super absorbent
Can be sterilized at 121° C/250° F
Tested for harmful substances according to Oeko-Tex Standard 100
I have honestly been able to tell a difference in my sleep. I have not gotten up once with crust in my eyes or a headache. I'm really impressed. Oh - one more thing - do you know how most waterproof mattress covers make an annoying sound and are really uncomfortable? Well, you would never be able to tell this is waterproof. The material they use is very supple and covered with a terri cloth type layer. This would be great for a potty-trainer! I wish I had one when my son was potty training.
Protect-A-Bed wants you to try their mattress protector. They have offered one of my readers the chance to win one - do you want it?
1. In order to enter please visit Protect-A-Bed and leave a comment telling me which product you would want to try - and why? This is a mandatory requirement.
Want Extra Entries?
2. Follow me on twitter (@lisasamples) and tweet this contest leaving me a link. (1 entry per tweet per day)
3. Follow my blog or if you are already following - tell me who you are. (2 entries)
4. Leave a comment on my blog anywhere else and leave me the link. (1 entry per comment)
5. Blog about this and link back to me or email 5 friends about this giveaway copying me on the email. (5 entries)
6. Stumble this giveaway. (1 entry)
7. Technorati fav me! (2 entries)
8. Add my button to your blog and let me know where I can find it. (2 entries)
9. Leave a comment telling me what kind of product you would like to see me review in the future. (1 entry)
Okay, here is the important part: YOU HAVE TO LEAVE A COMMENT FOR EACH ENTRY
This giveaway closes on May 24th at 11:59pm. This is open to US only. Winner will be chosen from Random.org.
Disclosure: I was given a Premium Mattress Protector to review for this post. I was not offered any other form of compensation.