Monday, May 4, 2009

Horrible Customer Service From Linksys

I just want to apologize for my sporadic blog posts the past couple of days. My router started acting up a few days ago and Linksys has been giving me the run around.

Day 1 (8:00 pm - 10:00 pm) I got telephone support for our intermittent router connection and was reassured everything was fixed. Two hours later - no connection.

Day 2 (2:15 pm - 5:25 pm) I was told if I paid $9.99 I could get remote support and they would be able to fix my problem remotely or gladly send me a new router. After several hours of doing the same thing over and over the technician said he would have to call me back in 10 minutes. I waited 45 minutes before I called Linksys back only to be told by a rude woman that they had no record of the charge or case.

I was then referred to her supervisor who wanted to charge me $9.99 to connect remotely again to my computer. NO! I already paid once today - so he told me to fix it myself (download the upgrade for the router once I was able to connect and then call them back). Once I downloaded the new firmware I called again. I spent another 45 minutes on the phone with a different technician who assured me my problem was fixed.

I requested a refund from my remote access charges and she did everything possible to try to convince me to "keep it on my account" in case I needed further support. She then began to try to sell me other services such as optimizing my computer, etc. Are the NUTS? Apparently they are...

So, I'm not sure how long this connection will last. Oh, and about my refund? I was informed that they would have to investigate it and get back to me. Heck, the technician who was going to call me back in 10 minutes still hasn't called - 2.5 hours later.

Buyer beware - when Linksys goes down - don't count on any support!

3 comments:

Delaney said...

Sucks when they aren't fixing your problem and trying to sell you something at the same time. Hope you get your problem fixed soon.

Jamie Harrington said...

We just replaced a crap linksys router... they really have the worst service ever... we went with netgear, if that helps :)

TMWW said...

Sucks when tech support is trying to sell you something new while working on a junk piece of equipment! Hope you get the issue resolved soon hon.