Saturday, May 16, 2009

Muffins for Mom, Donuts for Dad - A Day in Pre-K

Friday my son's Pre-K class had "Muffins for Moms, Donuts for Dads" where they invited parents to come in for snack with the kids. Of course I misread the note sent home and showed up 2 hours early, but I got to spend some time watching James interact with the other kids. The bonus was that I got to meet his future wife, "A".

Apparently James and "A" are in love and are going to get married. However, when "A" and James don't see eye-to-eye, "K" is waiting in the wings. Oh, to be 5 again!
First thing I noticed is that while all the children were doing puzzles the boys worked together while the girls worked in their groups. Well, all the boys except 1 - James. Three little girls immediately went to play with James. It was really cute watching them work together. They were so proud of their work and were excited that I was there to take their picture.
The event was a huge success and the kids loved the donuts and muffins more then the moms and dads. Guess who sat at our table? Yep, my son is a chick magnet and "A" and "K" sat with us.

"A" is the blond and "K" is the brunette.

2 comments:

banteringblonde said...

I'm laughing because you showing up 2 hours early is ME last week !

Lynn from For Love or Funny said...

I protest!  What if the Moms want a donut??