Monday, May 11, 2009

Review: Glee Gum


Do you remember that chiclet gum from when you were younger? I used to love it. Well, Mom Fuse gave me an opportunity to try a new product called Glee Gum that is very similar - only better.

I am an avid gum chewer, mostly Orbit peppermint. I don't mix it up much because I have to chew a gum that snaps and "feels right". Weird? Okay, maybe a little. Yep, I'm one of those annoying gum snappers. The first piece of Glee Gum I tried was Tangerine. It is a chiclet with a harder coating and I had a hard time getting past that. I was used to the soft gum and the coating of the Glee Gum was weird for me. However, I tried another piece to give it a chance and was able to melt that harder coating within a second or two.

The next test was the flavor and "feel". I anticipated that the Glee Gum would quickly lose it's flavor, but after about 5 minutes chewing it there was still a nice hint of tangerine. I also had cinnamon and peppermint. A lot of these flavors are often hot at first, but Glee Gum wasn't. I even shared it with my 5 year old who is very sensitive to spicy/hot gums.

Are you wondering what makes Glee Gum different from the rest? Well, they have NO artificial colors, sweeteners, flavors, or preservatives. Glee Gum is made with all natural ingredients including: pure cane sugar, rice syrup, natural flavorings and colorings. Their gum base has super chewy natural chicle harvested from Sapodilla trees in the rain forests of Central America. Glee Gum is: Vegetarian, Additive Free, Lactose Free, Dairy Free, Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Casein Free, Egg Free, Yeast Free, Nut Free, Soy Free and Peanut Free.

The downside to Glee Gum? If you are a bubble blower, this may not be the gum for you.
To learn more about this product you can read it's history here. To find a retailer near you click here.
Disclosure: I was sent 3 packs of Glee Gum for this review. No other compensation was awarded.

3 comments:

Mom said...

It sound very good especially for children when you are trying to miantain what they are ingesting.

Glass_Half_Full said...

Hmm, no bubbles?  I'm not for the large bubbles but I like to snap the little ones with the tip of my tongue.   :)
 
Happy Mother's Day!  I saw the pic below; Tulips are my favorite flower!

Tamara said...

I love that the glee gum is made with healthy ingredients. I'm not a big gum chewer but once in awhile I feel like some. If I see Glee Gum at the store I am going to try it.