Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wordless Wednesday: Bathtubs, Sectionals, and Missing In Action

I've been missing in action. Since we sold most of the puppies now I have been concentrating on finding a table for my kitchen. I needed something that was 5 year old friendly. What I found was a counter height table with a marble top. I think it should last a long time. It will be delivered on Friday!
On Monday I started looking for new living room furniture. All the furniture we owned were things that other people had given us because they bought new furniture and it was just time to get our own. We decided on a sectional and I spent hour after hour looking at different styles. I went to about 8 or 9 different places and looked. I sat in different places to test comfort and finally decided to buy the half leather and half microfiber sectional. I found one in Norcross that was priced right and drove 1.5 hours (one way) to look at it.

Long story short - I paid cash for the sectional and a picture that I liked. I set up the delivery for later that night. When I got home we decided to look for tables to match they set - back out to more furniture stores.... What we found was nothing but other sectionals that were nicer for about the same money. So, what did I do? I called the company that I bought the furniture from and told them to cancel the order (all except the picture) just 4 hours after buying it. The downside? I had to drive 3 more hours to go get back my money. The other downside? He didn't give me back all my money. He said he had to keep $105 because I cancelled. WHAT? He wasn't the most savory character in the best neighborhood so I took what he would give me and left.
Here is the picture.

Tuesday morning I was at it again. I found a sectional I liked at Rooms To Go and drove another 3 hours to go look at it. I spent 3 hours making sure this was the one. I walked the showroom and tested out a lot of different options. I wanted to make sure I had it right this time. So, here is what I ended up with...

After I paid for the furniture I found out they don't deliver where we live because it is too far away. Now what? I got a couple recommendations for people there and the price ranged from $125 - $350 for delivery. I drove home with no furniture and the task of making a million phone calls looking for a reasonable price for delivery. I found a company that could do it the same night at a great price and by 9 pm last night finally sat on the couch.

So, I apologize for not updating my blog - but things are calming down a bit now.

On a happier note:

James hates getting his head wet and he freaks out about holding his breath under water, but now that summer is here he has been dying to go swimming. Unfortunately we do not have a pool, therefore he has been practicing in the bathtub. I'm so proud of him!

At first he just let the water drip on his head.

But 45 minutes later he was a proud bathtub swimmer and a BIG BOY!
Thanks for listening to my ranting.... By the way - NEVER buy furniture from James Furniture & Mattress Deals on 6100 Live Oak Parkway in Norcross, GA (770-771-2944).

No comments: