About a week before my scheduled induction (I was on bed rest with toxemia and I was being induced) the phone rang. It was my mom. She was so excited and she said, "We have the name for the baby!" At that exact moment in time an Ethan Allen commercial came on television. My mom told me that my dad was in the bathroom and told her to call me because he thought we should name the baby Ethan. And so it was.
Today there is a book called The Complete Idiot's Guide to 40,000 Baby Names (2nd Ed.). If I had owned this book back then I would have found his name on page 351 and it wouldn't have taken 8 months to figure it out. This book is nothing like the books I had when I was pregnant. Not only does this book have lists of names, but it has the most interesting stuff.
For example, did you know:
- Aquinnah is the daughter of Tracy Pollan and Michael J. Fox
- Kal-El is the son of Nicolas Cage
- Ida (Tacke) a famous physicist of the 20th century
- Blaise (Pascal) a famous mathematician from the 1600s
You can find The Complete Idiot's Guide to 40,000 Baby Names (2nd Ed.) on Amazon.com and in major bookstores around the country. You can even get one here! That's right, I have one for a lucky reader!
About the author:
Marcia Layton Turner (Fairport, NY) has written about a wide range of pregnancy and parenting challenges. She is also a best-selling author of more than 20 books. Her work has appeared on websites like iVillage.com, and in magazines such as Parenting, Woman's Day, and BusinessWeek, among many others. Turner and her husband know how hard choosing a baby name can be. They settled on a name for their first child months before he arrived but had to actually meet their second child before they chose a name for her.
Author: Marcia Layton Turner (Fairport, NY)
THE GIVEAWAY: Tell me your favorite boy and girl names. Leave a comment below with your contact information.
Additional entries can be earned by:
2. Follow my blog or if you are already following - tell me who you are. (1 entry)
3. Blog about this and link back to me or email 5 friends about this giveaway copying me on the email. (5 entries)
4. Follow me on twitter @lisasamples and tweet this contest leaving me a link. (1 entry per tweet/2 tweets per day) Please leave time between tweets.
5. Add my button to your blog and let me know where I can find it. (1 entry)
6. Come join my newest site, The Product Review Place! Tell me your user name after you register in your comments. (3 entries)
7. Share the story behind your name or your childrens. (1 entry)
This giveaway will end August 4th at 11:59 pm EST. Winners will be determined by Random.org and will have 48 hours to send contact information to lisa(dot)email@example.com. It is mandatory to leave your email address in your first comment because I need to be able to contact you.
Disclosure: I received product for this review but no other form of compensation was given and my voice was not influenced by receiving this book.