Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Recipe: Stacey's Meatballs

Stacey from Realtor Girl NJ shared a recipe on twitter with me the other day and I asked if she would like me to feature it on my blog. She was pretty excited about sharing the recipe, so without further ado:

Stacey's Meatballs

Ingredients:
2 lbs ground beef
3/4cup flavored breadcrumbs
2 eggs
¼ cup cold water


4 cups roughly chopped Portobello mushrooms- double if you love mushrooms
(I have also made this with a variety of mushrooms)
S&P
Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 ½ cups cola soda (I use diet coke/pepsi)
Serve on egg noodles or a rice/grain

  1. Combine first 4 ingredients into meatballs-
  2. Spray a skillet with oil spray and heat, cook/brown meatballs. Drain and remove meatballs, leaving a small amount of fat in the pan.
  3. Add roughly chopped Portobello mushrooms to pan and sauté (just to heat the mushrooms is enough or you might have to add some oil spray). Deglaze with ½ cup of cola soda- immediately return meatballs, add mushroom soup and combine using a whisk adding another ½ cup soda. Continue cooking, you will probably need another ½ cup of soda for the right sauce consistency.
Great over noodles or rice.

A bit about Stacey:
I live in central NJ and sell Real Estate. As a Mom and wife always cooking, I'm also always looking for new recipes and ways to make my Family say, “Mom, I love this” and “Don’t forget this one!” or “Make this again soon!” My kids are 20 &16, I’ve been at this for awhile, lol. This twist on meatballs is great; they become rich and very tasty with excellently paired flavors inside and out! (If you can cook a brisket with soda, why not meatballs!?)

I love shoes, cruising & sushi! Active social media girl since the inception of CompuServe!

I Sell Real Estate in Central New Jersey, Princeton area. Call Me Now to Buy or Sell!

No comments: