Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Nature Valley Granola Nut Clusters Review (Updated)

Dear General Mills:
I noticed you have stopped by to read my review and I wanted to say thanks for visiting. Since you are here, I also wanted to know why you haven't left a comment? Was there something I forgot to mention in my review? They were yummy and I do admire your company for being on the safe side with your recall. I was wondering, however, why I wasn't invited to the Greet N' Meet coming up with GM? I'm really disappointed because I think my readers would have loved to hear more about your products on my blog.

Do you think you could invite me next time?
Love ya,
Lisa

MyBlogSpark.com recently sent me their new Nature Valley Granola Nut Clusters to sample. What are they? They are small clusters of nuts and granola with a bit of honey. They are also 100% natural, which is always nice. There is something about salty sweetness that goes together nicely. The four flavors are Nut Lovers, Roasted Almond, Roasted Cashew and Honey Roasted Peanut.

The Nut Lovers (pictured on right) feature cashews, pecans, and peanuts with granola and a touch of honey. My favorite? Roasted Cashew! Beware, these are crunchy and stay crunchy even after being opened for 2 weeks (comes in a great resealable bag), so if you have brittle teeth this may not be the snack for you.

Want a $1 off coupon? Visit Nature Valley - a General Mills company.

NOTICE:
General Mills announced on 7/8/09 a voluntary recall of a limited quantity of "Nut Lovers" flavor Nature Valley Granola Nut Clusters product containing pecans. This action is being taken as a precaution because pecans received from a supplier and used in the product may be tainted with salmonella.

Only specific Nut Lovers flavor products with five specific “best if used by dates” are being recalled. The five “best if used by dates” are:

* 07MAR2010
* 08MAR2010
* 09MAR2010
* 10MAR2010
* 11MAR2010

No other flavors or varieties of Granola Nut Clusters products are involved.

No illnesses have been reported in connection with the "Nut Lovers" Granola Nut Clusters product, and no other types, varieties or flavors of Nature Valley products are being recalled.

If consumers have any questions or concerns they may contact General Mills toll-free at 1-800-231-0308.

I find it very admirable that General Mills took precautions, voluntarily to recall these products. The "Nut Lovers" I received were not involved in the recall, however please be sure to check the dates when purchasing this particular flavor.

No comments: