Tuesday, November 10, 2009

PR, Marketers, and Companies are Missing the Mark: What About The MEN?

Yes, you can read about it anywhere on the web how influential Mom Bloggers are and how they spend so much money on products and services...but do PR people realize the last person Mom spends her money on is herself? And if they realize this then why aren't more companies approaching Moms about products for Dads or Teens?

I was talking to a fellow Mom Blogger about her Holiday Gift Guide and I asked her what she had for her husband and teenage kids. Her response? NOTHING! Guess what, she isn't alone. For some unknown reason companies aren't marketing men and teens through blogs. I can't figure it out.

As many of you know, I'm a mom of 2 boys - ages 5 and 16. I have had the honor of reviewing quite a few products for my youngest son and he is just tickled. I've also gotten some pretty awesome things for myself (and I'm pretty tickled about that too). However, I have not been approached by a single company or PR person about products for teenagers or adult men.

So, if you are out there PR, Marketers, Companies - take notice: I have money to spend. I want to buy something for my husband and my 16 year old son. I want you to tell me what the heck is out there! I want to share it with all the other Mom's who are asking the same question. Email me!

What is your take on this?

No comments: