Sunday, January 3, 2010

Mamavation Monday: Water, water, water...

I decided to do a post every week on Monday as part of my pledge to the Mamavation Sistahood and as my goal to live a healthy lifestyle. Many of you might not know me, therefore I want to share the ABCs of Me post with you to read if you are interested.

Successes: Since this is my first post I want to let you know that I am also trying out to become the next Mamavation Mom. You can read that post here: New Year, New Me: Mamavation Application. This was a HUGE challenge for me (no pun intended) because I HATE seeing myself on camera. As part of that application I really need your support on twitter.

Please tweet: "Hey @bookieboo! I want @lisasamples to be the next #Mamavation Mom. She has my support!"

I went shopping on Sunday and bought tons of fresh veggies and fruit. I also went and had the butcher cut all my meat and fish into 3 oz. portions to ensure I eat the right amount of protein. Additionally, I got a digital kitchen scale for measuring accuracy.

I wanted to do a weigh in, but my scale is not working so that will have to be next week. I believe I am about 230 lbs. right now. I'm currently wearing a size 18.
I will post my "before" pictures next week as well (God, help me).

Challenges: My goal for this week is to watch portion sizes, drink water, and to contact the gym down the street to see how much membership is for a month. The only thing I like is the treadmill, so I'm hoping to just buy one next month. I need to exercise, therefore I will be reasonable and set small goals or I will definitely burn myself out. Working FT outside the home is my biggest challenge.

Immediate goal:
10 - 15 minutes of brisk walking during lunch this week.
Measure my servings.
Drink 64 oz. of water a day (right now I'm at 0).
The support I have received since putting in my application yesterday has been amazing. I have never felt so cared about in my entire life. I appreciate all you have done. I am especially appreciative of Toni from Delightful Chaos who is giving away a $25 GC (either Starbucks, Save A Lot, or BJs Wholesale) and Erin from The Mom Buzz who is giving free entries into her giveaways in return for supporting me through this journey. I'm speechless that these women have done this for me...simply speechless. I hope you will visit their sites and tell them how much they rock!

Remember - in order for me to be the next Mamavation Mom you have to let @BookieBoo know you support me! Let me know you were here and I will come support you as well.

Oh, if you have any recipes you can share that are healthy - please do!

No comments: