Sunday, January 10, 2010

My Mamavation Monday Post: I Made Some Changes

I was accepted into the Mamavation Sistahood and this week there are a lot of new girls pledging. I'm so excited about it too - welcoming more people means more support on our journey of a healthy lifestyle change.

As promised, I did weigh myself last week. I was pretty close - I weighed in at 228. I have not weighed myself this week. I thought I would save that for next weeks post. I don't want to be a slave to a scale.

My Healthy Food Choice This Week

Successes: I am drinking at least 64 oz. of water a day and haven't had a soda or sugar drink since January 2nd. I am so proud of myself. I can feel a difference that water is making already. I also went to the gym this week and started walking on the treadmill (my most favorite form of exercise).

I have also been very good about food intake. I even posted a few things throughout the week on twitter and on my blog about my diet. I am hoping to get a library together of healthy recipes that we can all share via link love. If you have one, please share it with everyone here.

As some of you know I do a lot of reviews on my site and I've changed gears a bit. I have started incorporating healthy food and fitness related items into my reviews. I haven't posted the reviews and/or giveaways yet because I haven't gotten most of the new products. I have a meeting on Tuesday with a local gym to see if they would be interested in trading advertising and/or a review for membership. Money is tight here, so I'm trying to use alternative methods for things I cannot afford (such as gym memberships).

Challenges: Although I have done great at drinking water, my body just is not used to having fluids in it. My bladder is particularly confused and keeps letting out tiny piddles without my permission. I need to remember to empty my bladder more frequently because this sucks! I'm also thinking about consulting with my doctor to make sure this is normal. In no way am I about to stop drinking my water!

I didn't get around to going to the gym until Saturday. I know, that sucks. I could tell you about the freezing cold weather and the kids being home due to the Atlanta snow "storm", but I don't want to make up excuses for my laziness (although I just did that). I will conquer this!

Immediate goal:
10 - 15 minutes of brisk walking during lunch this week.
Going to the gym at least 5 times this week.

Special Thanks:
Toni from Delightful Chaos who is giving away a $25 GC (either Starbucks, Save A Lot, or BJs Wholesale) and Erin from The Mom Buzz who is giving free entries into her giveaways in return for supporting me through this journey. I'm speechless that these women have done this for me...simply speechless. I hope you will visit their sites and tell them how much they rock!

Remember - in order for me to be the next Mamavation Mom you have to let @BookieBoo know you support me! Please tweet: "Hey @bookieboo! I want @lisasamples to be the next #Mamavation Mom. She has my support!"

I want to give a special shout out for all the other moms trying out for #mamavation mom this time around - you all deserve it! Join us at Mamavation on MomTV! tomorrow night!

No comments: