Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thursday Thoughts: Mamavation (Week 1)


Welcome to Thursday's Thoughts. This is my first week of being one of the official Mamavation Moms and I thought I would share with you a little about my week. As many of you know I found out last Thursday night that I was one of the two women who would enter the 7-week bootcamp ran by Leah (aka @bookieboo) to help me transition into a new lifestyle of health and fitness. Katie, @FrugalFemina, was the other mom chosen to take this journey with me. I'm thrilled to be working with her and look forward to us both becoming healthier. Neither of us could have done it without you!

So, the week has been more of an orientation due to the fact that a lot of our equipment and tools were not yet set in place. However, we have both been busy recording our daily food journals and weekly vlogs. Throughout the week we have been getting lots of packages in the mail of great products!

So far this is what I have received:

Here is what I am expecting next week:

I have also gotten a personal nutrition plan from Dr. Renna (@DrMary14). We talked for about two hours on the phone last night. I am a bit overwhelmed at the amount of food she gave me, but she assured me it was what my body would need to do this right. Here are two things I learned:

  1. Cinnamon is AWESOME and it even increases your metabolism!
  2. That 2 cups of lettuce only counts as 1 vegetable, not two.

I have also been working with Pete Cohen (@PeteCohen) from PeteCohen.tv and WeightlossGuru.com on a 28-day challenge (follow the hashtag on twitter #petecohen) to become a thinner, healthier, and happier me. If you have never checked out his program, you should. He is witty, charming, and a blast to work with!


My FIT Friend, Erin from The Mom Buzz has been great this week. She has sent me emails and tweets and is always so supportive. She's currently working on a fitness site geared toward Figure Competition/Body Building called BoomBoomFit.com. It is a work-in-progress, but still pretty interesting.


None of this would have even been possible if not for Leah (@bookieboo). I really appreciate her dedication and continued support. She is awesome.

Well, back to this week...
On Monday I will share with you where I am in my weight loss. I'm not sure if I will have updated measurements this week or next, but I'll share those as well once I have them. Do you think the scale moved? Even if it didn't move, I feel better, I look better, and my pants are leaving welts in my waist/belly area throughout the day.

I feel pretty good, maybe a bit tired from the sleep I lost last week. I'm very confident about my food choices this past week and my water intake. My fitness definitely is lacking, but I think this next week will be so much better once we have our fitness plan from Tracey Mallett.

What more could a woman ask for?

A special THANK YOU to the sponsors of Mamavation: Earth Footwear, EA Sports Active, Smooth Fitness, Gaiam, Muve (Gruve), Tracey Mallett, Dr. Renna, and Pete Cohen.

No comments: