Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thursday Thoughts: Mamavation (Week 2)

Well, time is flying and I realize I have a lot of work to do still. I have definitely made some huge changes since we started, but I don't think they are true habits yet. According to Pete Cohen it takes roughly 21 days for something to become a habit. (Plug: Check out Weightloss Guru!) I do believe that water is now a habit since I did the official switch on January 2nd, but I still have a way to go with food and fitness. Orientation is over - now it is time to kick butt!

My family is adjusting to our lifestyle change much better than I expected. I haven't bought soda in weeks and no one has asked me to. I don't seem to have as much control over what they eat or drink when they aren't home, but I'm working on that. Yesterday my son was at his aunt's house eating pop-tarts and chocolate covered sunflower seeds.
Tonight's Dinner: Grilled Salmon Salad
Oh, did I forget to mention that I have lost 16.6 lbs? Yep, I have! Katie is doing great too. She has lost over 5 lbs! Amazing...

I got my Earth Footwear shoes this week and they are pretty amazing. I can feel the difference when I walk - especially uphill. I'll have one awesome set of legs and tush when I am done, thanks to them!

My treadmill arrived today too, but I have to call Smooth Fitness tomorrow to find out how to adjust the belt. I really wanted to use it tonight, but it just didn't work out. I walked about 30 minutes, but was unable to run because I was afraid the belt wouldn't cooperate and I didn't want to break it. I did, however, plug in my iPod into the stereo that is built into it to listen to my workout music.

Speaking of music - what is on your iPod for working out? Leave me a comment with your workout tunes!

Disclosure: This post is in conjunction with the Mamavation Campaign and the sponsors who provided free product or services: Earth Footwear, EA Sports Active, Smooth Fitness, Gaiam, Muve (Gruve), Tracey Mallet, Dr. Renna, and Pete Cohen.

No comments: