Monday, March 22, 2010

I Had A Cheap Date With Blockbuster Express

I was recently challenged to have a cheap date for under $25 by Blockbuster Express.  Have you ever heard of Blockbuster Express?  I never did until recently.  Next time you are in the grocery store look around to see if you see something that looks like this...
It is a Blockbuster Express kiosk.  You can rent a movie after checking out of the grocery store for $1.  Yes, just $1!  Our closest Blockbuster Express was located in our local Publix.  (I have walked by it a million times, but never noticed it.)  I was able to find the nearest location by going online to blockbusterexpress.com.  While online I quickly made an account and entered my credit card information to pick out my movie.  It's very convenient to "order" your movie from home using the site because you already know what is available and what isn't.  We got Law Abiding Citizen, one of the new releases.

Since I was already in Publix I picked up a sub from their deli and some Asian chicken tenders and potato salad for the hubby.  I made them both meals and included drinks.  Cost?  Fifteen dollars.  It was $15 well spent too because I didn't have to cook and there would be no dirty dishes after we ate - now that is my kind of date!

After paying for our dinner I stepped up to the kiosk.  I expected it to be a hassle with different touch screens and buttons, but it was truly easy.  I had a choice of different options...


I could rent, pick up, return, or get my options in Spanish - I chose pick up.  I was then prompted to swipe my credit card that I set my account up with earlier, online.  After a couple swipes (the machine reads slowly) I was prompted again to get the movie I chose.  I hit the button and out popped Law Abiding Citizen.  The entire process took less than 3 minutes.

The movie was great, if you are an action movie fan and I highly recommend it.  We had a nice time snuggling on the couch watching it and it was nearly perfect - CHEAP - and no dishes to wash!

Blockbuster Express wants you to experience their new kiosk.  They have provided a code for my readers to rent one movie and get a second rental free (when rented at the same time).

CODE: 135G13B
Code is valid thru 3/31/2010. When you rent a movie at the regular price, you'll receive the first night's rental on a second movie FREE. Extra night charges and taxes apply. May not be combined with any other offer. Rental terms and conditions apply. Not valid at Blockbuster store locations.

I was provided a gift card to facilitate this review from Blockbuster Express due to my affiliation with Collective Bias.

No comments: