I was tweeting a couple months ago about how badly I needed new pillows and that I had not been sleeping well. Mattress Giant asked me if I would be interested in trying one of their Natura brand pillows and I jumped at the chance. It wasn't until that day that I realized they make different pillows for people depending on what position you sleep in most of the time. They have pillows for back sleepers, side sleepers, and stomach sleepers. I am mostly a side or stomach sleeper and they chose the NaturLatex Stomach Sleeper Ultimate Contour Pillow for me to try.
Before I tell you how it all worked out let me tell you a bit about their site. Mattress Giant doesn't carry just mattress. You can find all your sleeping needs on their site and at their 360+ locations. If you need bedding, furniture, or other sleep accessories they are a one-stop shop. Not only do they offer a warranty on their products, but they also have other great features such as layaway and financing.
Okay, back to my new pillow. Sleep is important. I'm sure you know that already and the pillow you have could actually be keeping you awake at night. The NaturLatex Stomach Sleeper Ultimate Contour Pillow was my answer to a good nights sleep. One of the reason I believe I slept better was because of the shape and material. The latex core offered support in all the areas where I needed it most without turning into a hard mass and because of the small holes that run through it my pillow never got "hot". I don't know about you, but I hate it when you are having a hard time getting to sleep and your pillow gets hot. According to the site the latex also cuts back on allergens and helps keep your spine in line...bonuses.
The cons of the pillow? I couldn't think of any. I had my husband use it a couple nights and he couldn't come up with any cons either. He especially liked the Natura Smart Wool cover because it has wicking action and he is a sweater at night. It was not a big deal though because the cover zips off and is easily refreshed and deodorized by sitting in the sunlight. Another bonus.
Here is some information from Mattress Giant's website about the pillow:
* Ergonomically contoured Talalay latex core
* Unbleached, soft terry cotton cover; removable for easy care
* Temperature regulating Natura Smart Wool™ lining
* Cervical contour supports natural curves of head, neck and shoulders
* Promotes tension-free sleep and helps muscles relax
* Natura Smart Wool™ lining wicks away moisture for a clean, allergen-free sleep
* Naturally antimicrobial, hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant
* Spot clean only. Do not machine wash or dry. Cover may be dry cleaned
* To eliminate odors and/or stains: Gently spot clean using a mild detergent. Expose to direct sunlight. Air dry, allowing to dry completely
* To freshen wool-lined cover: Expose to sunlight and air. Sunshine brings out the natural lanolin in wool, allowing it to self-deodorize
Mattress Giant has so much to offer and they even carry hard-to-find California King sized bedding. I hope you will take some time to check them out and if you ever get the chance to try the Natura line of pillows I believe you will be counting sheep in no time.
GIVEAWAY: ONE lucky winner will get a pillow of their own. Entry: Visit Mattress Giant's website and tell me item you think will help you sleep better. Leave a comment below with your contact information.
Additional entries can be earned by (please leave separate comments):
2. Follow my blog or if you are already following - tell me who you are. (1 entry)
3. Blog about this and link back to me or email 5 friends about this giveaway copying me on the email. (5 entries)
4. Follow me on
"@Mattress_Giant I entered to win a Natura brand pillow from @lisasamples at http://bit.ly/bkWu8H so that I can have #BetterSleep #GIVEAWAY"
5. Subscribe to my email feed. (2 entries)
6. Connect via
7. Favorite me on technorati, digg, or stumble leaving link. (1 entry per fav)
8. Follow @ThePRPlace on
9. Tell me what position you sleep in most of the time. (1 entry)
10. Tell me what healthy habits you have that help you get to sleep. (1 entry)
This giveaway will end April 1st at 11:59 pm EST. The winner (US Only) will be determined by Random.org and will have 48 hours to send contact information to lisa(dot)firstname.lastname@example.org. It is mandatory to leave your email address in your first comment. US entries only. This review was made possible by Mattress Giant and I received product for review in order to write this post (but my opinion is 100% mine and honest)!