$500 CVS Gift Cards: Shawn
angie lilly (@FotoMacro)
It's true. We are giving away $500 in CVS giftcards to one lucky winner and ten PUR pitchers to 10 randomly selected runner-ups. You do not have to live in Atlanta to win, but have to live in US (sorry).
Why? Because we are celebrating the Water on Wheels mobile tour coming to Atlanta this week and the PUR Tri-City Challenge. The tour started in the Dallas, TX area and will be moving into Atlanta and Athens to educate visitors about clean drinking water and water quality this week. Philadelphia will be their last stop.
What? Come check out all the fun activities including a Rock Climbing Wall commemorating the January 2010 SUMMIT ON THE SUMMIT: Kilimanjaro. Or perhaps the mobile water museum is more up your alley? Featuring photos and gear from the climb. Maybe the Water Bar, featuring PURistas is more your taste? Have a nice, clean and refreshing glass of PUR water. More Giveaways? Yep, bring your receipt to us showing your purchase of a PUR system purchase made at each retailer stop and we will give you a FREE PUR replacement filter (while supplies last).
Where and When?
March 5th, Friday @ Lowes – 10580 Duke Dr., Alpharetta, GA
March 6th Saturday @ Lowes – 1851 Epps Bridge Rd., Athens, GA (visit me here!)
March 7th Sunday @ CVS – 2555 Bolton Road, Atlanta, GA
March 12th Friday @ CVS – 2429 MLK JR Drive, Atlanta, GA
March 13th Saturday @ Lowes – 3341 Lexington Road, Athens, GA
This is a friendly competition between a Dallas, a Philadelphia, and an Atlanta blogger to see who can drum up the biggest turn out and the most comments/tweets/blog posts in support of the tour stops in their cities. So show me some ATL love!
WIN $500 In CVS Gift Cards from PUR and Mom of 2 Boys by doing any/all of the following:
1 entry: Become a Fan of PUR on Facebook and PUR will donate 10 liters of water for every new fan. (leave comment w/your facebook link)
1 entry per tweet (3 tweet max per day): Tweet about the tour inviting your friends to join us and link to this post (#PUR). You can write your own tweet or use this one "Join #PUR Water on Wheels - Enter to WIN $500 http://bit.ly/btV5LE Open to all in US, Pls RT"
10 entries: Email firstname.lastname@example.org a picture of YOU at any one of the Atlanta/Athens/Alpharetta locations next to your favorite PURista.
1 entry per facebook update: Let your friends on Facebook know about the tour and the giveaway. Leave link.
1 entry: Follow my blog!
1 entry: Join The Product Review Place (check out their awesome Giveaway Group!)
10 entries: Help me spread the word by posting about this event and this post/giveaway on your blog!
1 entry: Share something you learned about PUR from clicking on one of these links in this post.
This giveaway will end March 18th at 11:59 pm EST. Winners will be determined by Random.org and will have 48 hours to send contact information to lisa(dot)email@example.com. It is mandatory to leave your email address in your first comment. US entries only. This listing is compliments of PUR and I will receive giftcards for promoting this event (but my opinion is 100% mine and honest)!
PUR Believes That Everyone, Everywhere Deserves Clean Water
How much do you know about what’s coming from your tap?
• Before it gets to your home, water has to pass through miles of underground pipelines, possibly picking up contaminants and sediment along the way – all of which may affect the taste and quality of your water.
Clean Water at Home
• By simply using a PUR water filter, you will remove many of the common contaminants found in drinking water. Including: 98% of lead and other metals, 99.9% of microbial cysts and 96-99% of pharmaceuticals.
• Switching from bottled water to filtered water and a reusable bottle can save one person up to $600 a year and eliminate up to 3,200 plastic bottles.
Clean Water Around the World
• When you buy a PUR system, you’re not only helping your family get clean water, but also a family across the world.
• 1 Purchase = 10 Liters: Each PUR system purchased provides 10 liters of clean drinking water to children in the developing world through the Children’s Safe Drinking Water Program (CSDW).
• To-date, CSDW has provided 1.8 billion liters of clean water to those in need, including those in Haiti where they recently donated 60 million liters of clean water (www.csdw.org).
4,000 children in developing countries die every day from illness and disease related to unsafe drinking water. PUR along with its not-for-profit partner, the Children’s Safe Drinking Water Program (CSDW), is committed to alleviating this global crisis by providing clean drinking water to those in need.
Other Ways to Help
• Watch on March 14th – MTV will air the special Summit on the Summit, a documentary of the Summit on the Summit: Kilimanjaro (SOTSK)climb.
• Download the PUR/SOTSK iPhone App (Link) – Through March 22nd, PUR will donate 1 liter of clean water for every app downloaded.
• Purchase a PUR/SOTSK Sigg bottle (Link) – PUR will donate 1,200 liters of clean water for every bottle purchased.