Thursday, March 22, 2012

Have You Ever Sold A Car Online?


Selling a Car Online can be difficult.  I sold a couple of them that way and there are so many scammers out there that it just wasn't worth it to me to do it again without doing my research.  Beware of the money orders and certified checks people want to mail you or the direct deposit they want to make into your account.  When dealing with an individual there is nothing like CASH and a good Bill of Sale.

One problem I ran across was "no shows" that monopolized my time.  People would call me about the car, make an appointment to come see it, and then never show up.  It happens 9 times out of 10 and it is annoying.  I learned that if I am showing the car it will be at a time convenient to me - when I planned to be there anyway.

Another thing people tend to do is try to barter. Don't fall for it.  I had a people offer me things from computers to boats in exchange for my car.  Chances are whatever they are offering is more than likely crap.  If you want a boat or computer get the CASH and buy it yourself.  You'll get a much better deal.

Finally, don't fall for the payments scam.  I understand times are tough, but don't be a strangers bank because chances are you wont get your money in the long run.  My father in law recently ran into this problem when he sold a Nissan Pathfinder to a single mother who wanted to make payments.  Needless to say not only did she not pay after a couple months, but by the time he got the vehicle back from her it was relatively worthless.

When you decide to sell a car use a trusted source or if you do it directly, be honest.

No comments: